Daniella

I love things that make you think twice,Independent Coffee Shops, and being a piece of the global community. I have a strange affinity for Latin American culture, Nicaragua in particular. My day feels oddly unbalanced if it does not start with a downward facing dog. I have developed a newly found appreciation for punk shows and deeply enjoy the hidden sense of community among what I have experienced to be an amazing group of down-to-earth individuals. I enjoy the stride and sound of an authoritative click originating from 3+ inch heels. I think insight can be gained by thinking about any discipline philosophically. I am overwhelmed by the vast array of knowledge and wisdom I am engulfed in and disappointed I humanly cannot obtain it all. Though I remain enlightened and empowered by the realization of my own personal limitations. At any point I am up for a conversation entering the wee hours of the morning talking about the trials and tribulations of the globe or anything else under the sun. I tell people how it is because the world is already full of illusions. I still however remain baffled at my inability to remember the longitude and latitude of my keys, phone, or wallet at any point in time. Graciously open to new instruments including the most sacred sounds echoing from the human body, to the violin, or the Djembe despite my atrocious lack of rhythm. I do a hauntingly accurate impression of my 75-year-old off the boat Italian grandmother and enjoy authentic Italian cooking to raw fish wrapped in seaweed. The list goes on as I'm sure it does for most, but lastly I truly appreciate the uniqueness of each individual while seeing no matter how seemingly different we all are, we are all connected.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peacefully Edgey



What motivates you? When you wake up every morning what drives you? Is the life you are living in harmony with who you are? Do you do things because they are a true expression of the life you want to live or do you wake up and go through the motions? Are you acting from within or are you being pushed around by the external? Do you define yourself or do you surrender that control to that which lies outside yourself? Do you let yourself be defined by what you do, who you are with, what you buy, what you look like, what kind of car you drive? family? friends? If we remain chained to our outer world we will constantly remain prisoners to the external world of chaos. Fuck conventionality, who society thinks we should be. Sure if what you want to do is put on your business attire, participate in 9-5 slavery, sit in traffic only looking forward to retiring to the couch and stuffing some food in your face while you watch a bunch of screaming colors, well then be my guest. I am far from perfect, none of us are, but who I am everyday (or at least on days I meditate...) is sourced from a place of authenticity. A disorganized, scatterbrained, oversensitive, chaotic, inconsistent authenticity, but authenticity nonetheless. My actions are a reflection of what lies within and the life I live is a journey on a path that reflects the life I choose to create for myself. Sure there's food, water, shelter, minute details... but beyond our necessities and those we love and provide for we are limited by the walls which we build for ourselves within the constructs of our mind that we allow to be hijacked by that which lies outside of us. Stand out on the edge and face your fear, and make peace with it, whatever it is. Anyone can find peace out here in the safety of our homes but finding peace out on the edge in the company of your fear, that is for the truly courageous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment